FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rachael Kelley: 917-606-9556
KIEHL’S OPENS FIRST STORE IN BOCA RATON
New York-based company brings personalized service to Town Center at Boca Raton
BOCA RATON, FL, Feb. 2016 — Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care preparations, will open its first retail store in Boca Raton, at the Town Center at Boca Raton. Kiehl’s is proud to offer Palm Beach County its first opportunity to discover Kiehl’s efficacious skin, hair and body care products, personalized customer service, and 165-year-old heritage through the complete Kiehl’s experience.
WHAT: Public grand opening celebration of Kiehl’s first retail store in Boca Raton, to benefit Florence Fuller Child Development Centers
WHEN: Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
WHERE: Kiehl’s Since 1851
Town Center at Boca Raton
6000 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL
***Closest entrance is near Saks Fifth Ave.
- In its continued commitment to give back to the communities in which it does business, Kiehl’s pledges to donate 50% of sales at the event up to $5,000 to Florence Fuller Child Development Centers
- Meet author and Kiehl’s President Chris Salgardo as he signs copies of MANMADE: The Essential Skincare & Grooming Reference for Every Man, a unique and absolutely essential grooming reference combines basic tips and techniques for all men, tailored sections focusing on specific men’s archetypes, and a quick-reference section addressing men’s head-to-toe grooming concerns.
- Complimentary facial treatments and skincare consultations
- Lip Balm #1 for all attendees! (One per person)
- Refreshments and food provided by Raw Juce, Chef Alan Bergman Catering and Palm Beach Confections
“We are extremely excited to give Southern Florida a new opportunity to discover our heritage and history, our philanthropic mission, our sampling and service-oriented approach to retail, and of course, our full line of skin, hair and body care for women, men, children and even dogs,” said Chris Salgardo, Author and President, Kiehl’s USA. “Since we opened our first retail store in Florida in Miami in 2003, our Southern Florida customers have helped drive our company’s growth, supporting Kiehl’s both in store and online. Demand for another retail store has only grown, and we’re so excited to bring Boca Raton its own Kiehl’s. Each element, from the design of the fixtures explaining our skin, hair and body formulations, to the historical photographs, mementos and Kiehl’s icons, helps tell the extensive story of this unique company that began as an old-world apothecary at the corner of 13th Street and Third Avenue in New York’s East Village.”
Kiehl’s Town Center mirrors the unique ambiance found in the company’s original New York Flagship, which began as a neighborhood apothecary in 1851. The new store brings a modern New York apothecary to Boca Raton, referencing the company’s original East Village roots and blending antique apothecary fixtures with modern flair. The interior design advances Kiehl’s longtime commitment to the environment with the use of natural, sustainable materials and energy-efficient light fixtures, while enhancing the overall service experience for Kiehl’s patrons.
Kiehl’s Town Center continues the company’s commitment to superior customer service through its traditional practices:
Kiehl’s commitment to environmental responsibility and Recycle and Be Rewarded! Kiehl’s Town Center utilizes natural, sustainable materials and energy-efficient light fixtures – and encourages patrons to recycle Kiehl’s packaging with a specially designed recycling bin, promoted through Kiehl’s Recycle and Be Rewarded! program. The program offers customers the opportunity to return empty Kiehl’s jars, bottles and tubes to the store for recycling, in exchange for complimentary products.
Kiehl’s commitment to education through attentive service is accentuated through a dedicated personal consultation area. The enhanced space provides an opportunity for Kiehl’s Customer Representatives (KCRs) and patrons to converse privately about products best suited for the customer’s individual needs. KCRs also use tools such as Skin Barrier Testing Tabs and a revolutionary Dehydration Analyzer Tool to help diagnose the health and hydration level of a customer’s skin, and recommend the most appropriate products for him or her.
Simple, no-frills packaging allows Kiehl’s to formulate its products with high quantities of the most efficacious, natural ingredients available.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 Rewards, the company’s point-based loyalty program that honors and rewards customers with benefits including special invitations, offers, and early access to new products and formulations.
Generous sampling through Kiehl’s “try before you buy” program offers the complete Kiehl’s line of skin and hair care for men, women, children and babies with a generous offering of its traditional product samples. To assure its customers always find exactly what they need, Kiehl’s offers a 100% money back guarantee on all purchases, and guarantees that customers will see revitalized skin in 28 days or their money back.
Custom gifting 365 days a year allows customers to create personalized gifts year-round. A Kiehl’s Customer Representative will help the customer assemble a personalized, custom gift box, choosing items based on recipient, theme, ingredient or price, from any and all products in the store.
The 810 sq. ft. retail space maintains Kiehl’s signature apothecary aesthetic and features:
– Personal consultation table – A designated table provides patrons a comfortable station for complimentary Healthy Skin Consultations by KCRs, which helps them determine the formulas best suited for their personal needs.
– Men’s Destination – an unintimidating space for specialized grooming education and demonstrations designed for men. A KCR will be on hand to offer quick, straightforward service and recommendations on the Kiehl’s products that are most tailored to men’s needs. Specially designed accents such as military-style lockers and props bring this relaxing stop to life for Kiehl’s male patrons.
– Carrara marble tables, counters and trim – provide a utilitarian, functional approach.
– Natural, sustainable materials – such as tabletops made from paperstone, a waterproof material made from 100 % post-consumer recycled paper.
– Energy-efficient compact fluorescent lighting – spotlights Kiehl’s products in an environmentally friendly way.
– “Mr. Bones” – the teaching skeleton and Kiehl’s icon. Pharmacist and Kiehl’s founding family member Mr. Aaron Morse valued education for his employees and his customers. As he prescribed treatments for his customers, he would use a teaching skeleton nicknamed “Mr. Bones” to explain the uses of the suggested formulas.
– Kiehl’s signature motorcycle – this icon of Kiehl’s heritage will be on permanent display, evocative of the passions and adventurous spirit of Kiehl’s founding family.
– Vintage photographs and mementos take customers on an exciting journey through Kiehl’s rich history.
– Botanical-inspired graphics – The walls feature custom graphics reflecting Kiehl’s new home in Boca Raton, designs that also highlight the botanicals used in Kiehl’s products and elements nodding to our 165-year history.
About Kiehl’s Since 1851:
Kiehl’s was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York’s East Village neighborhood. After years as an ambitious apprentice, John Kiehl purchased the business and began operating under the Kiehl name, serving the burgeoning New York community with unique herbal remedies. In 1921, John Kiehl’s apprentice, Mr. Irving “Doc” Morse, purchased the business and expanded it to a full-service pharmacy, stocking medicines, tinctures, and the first Kiehl’s-branded products. Doc Morse, a pharmacist and herbologist, passed the business on to his son, Aaron, himself a chemist and avid motorcyclist and aviator. Aaron’s daughter, Jami, was raised at Kiehl’s amongst the “family” of employees, who together fostered a tradition of attentive, personalized service for every patron. Over the generations, the Morse family committed Kiehl’s to serving the community uniquely efficacious skin and hair formulations made with the finest natural ingredients in the apothecary tradition.
Kiehl’s unique, extensive background represents a blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal and medicinal knowledge developed and passed on through the generations. Over the years, longtime customer favorite formulations such as Ultra Facial Cream, Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, Musk Oil, Lip Balm #1, Creme de Corps, Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion, and new formulas such as Super Multi-Corrective Cream, Daily Reviving Concentrate, Calendula Deep Cleaning Foaming Face Wash, Facial Fuel, Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and Dermatologist Solutions have been created with uniquely efficacious, natural ingredients and the education and knowledge culled from generations of research and requests from our customers.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 opens February 5, 2016 at Town Center at Boca Raton, 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton. Hours will be Monday through Saturday, 10 AM to 9 PM; Sunday, 12 PM to 6 PM. For more information about Kiehl’s, please visit www.kiehls.com.
Kiehl’s was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York’s East Village neighborhood. Its unique, extensive background represents a blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal, and medicinal knowledge developed and advanced through the generations. In addition to Kiehl’s freestanding stores nationwide, Kiehl’s products are available at www.Kiehls.com, by mail order at 1-800-KIEHLS-2 as well as through select specialty retailers worldwide.