- This event has passed.
Science Under the Sun Weekends in March
Sunday, March 19, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Series (See All)
Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) to host Science Under the Sun Weekends in March!
- Experience all MODS has to offer and discover the exciting science behind the sun! Plus, design and build solar-powered creations and compete with your invention.
- Exhibits, Shows and Demos: The MODS Squad will put on a mix of shows (KaBoom!; Nitro; Bubble; Panther Prowl; electricity shows and more).
- Animal Encounters: Meet our resident animals and learn how they use the sun’s energy to stay healthy.
- Watch an IMAX Documentary on the GIANT Screen: Ancient Caves 3D, Secrets of the Sea 3D and more!
- Career Connections: Explore careers in space exploration, technology, environmental science and more!
- Just for early learners (ages 0-6): Experience the sun’s powerful rays by observing the changes that are made when certain items interact with the sun. Create your own sun painting and observe how the sun has craters and is made of gas.
Weekends in March
March 4-5, March 11-12, March 18-19, and March 25-26
Museum Hours: Saturdays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sundays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Museum of Discovery and Science
401 SW 2nd Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Science Under the Sun weekends are included in the MODS Discovery Pass, an all-in-one ticket includes Museum exhibitions, live science demonstrations and an IMAX documentary film. For tickets, please visit mods.org/tickets. For showtimes, please visit mods.org/showtimes.