Meg Segreto’s Dance Centre (MSDC) to Host 2023 Summer Dance Camp
Tuesday, June 13, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Make lasting memories at Meg Segreto’s Dance Centre (MSDC)! MSDC is pleased to announce its 2023 Summer Dance Camp which will include classes in Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, Acrobatics and Hip-Hop. Also incorporated into the camp experience are classes in dance improvisation, dance history, musical theatre, yoga, music terminology, nutrition, stage makeup, arts and crafts, and more.
Each session is designed with a different theme that concludes with a performance showcasing the many talents of all participating campers (excluding half day campers.) Showtime is every Friday at 2:30 p.m.
Parents are welcome to watch via Zoom.
The summer dance camp will entail eight, one-week sessions starting the week of June 13 through August 4. Dates and themes include:
- Week 1 (June 13-16): Dancing Through the Decades – Dance, Dance, Dance! Join Meg Segreto’s Dance Centre for a fun and energetic hip-hop week with music from several decades. The music will be turned up and the lights will be turned down for its annual glow party!
- Week 2 (June 19-23): Welcome to New York – Campers will experience the “Big Apple” as they celebrate Musical Theatre. Participants will be dancing, singing and acting to their favorite show tunes and learning special choreography straight from New York City.
- Week 3 (June 26-30): Adventures of Universal – Calling all Universal Studios fans. Campers will dance their way through the adventures of Harry Potter, The Minions and Dr. Seuss. Participants can show their team support for Spirit Week and Color War.
- Week 4 (July 3-7): Welcome to the Jungle – Take a walk on the wild side! Dancers will jam to songs from The Jungle Book, Tarzan, and The Lion King. Campers will enjoy a safari experience and animal face painting, too.
- Week 5 (July 10-14): Hey Mickey! – Participants’ dancing dreams will come true during this week of Disney magic, where they will celebrate all things Walt Disney World!
- Week 6 (July 17-21): Life in the Dreamhouse – This one’s for the girls – a week of fitness, friendship, and fabulousness! Join Meg Segreto’s Dance Centre for student choreography, a fashion show, and a pampering spa day.
- Week 7 (July 24-28): Under the Sea – Get ready for an underwater experience as dancers perform The Little Mermaid using new music from the hit live-action film.
- Week 8 (July 31-Aug. 4): Soak Up the Sun – Campers will say goodbye to summer as they dance to favorite tropical beats and celebrate with the annual End of Summer water fight on Friday.
Campers are encouraged to bring a healthy lunch as well as snacks that do not require refrigeration. Dance campers will have pizza every Friday, as it’s Pizza Day (included in tuition).
What to Wear:
- Leotards and tights (shorts/skirts over leotards and tights are optional.)
- Ballet, Tap, and Jazz shoes and sneakers.
- Hair must be worn in a bun or a secure ponytail.
Camp hours for ages 5 to 13 are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A half-day option for ages 3-5 is available from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Campers must bring lunch and must be fully potty trained, out of diapers/pull ups and able to use the restroom independently.
Pre-care drop-off is available at 8 a.m. for an additional $5. After-care is available from 3-6 p.m.
- $350 per week for full day
- $70 daily rate for full day
- $35 per half day (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
For more details and to register, please email Segretodance@aol.com or visit https://segretodance.com/summer-dance-camp/.
Meg Segreto’s Dance Centre
12900 W. State Rd 84
Davie, FL 33325